The South Campshire Public Realm Workshop
November 8, 2022
The Docklands Office, on behalf of Dublin City Council (DCC), are delighted to invite you to attend a non-statutory public consultation and workshop for The South Campshire & Flood Defence Public Realm Scheme on the 10th of November 2022.
In line with the United Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities we are contacting you in advance to ensure we prioritise engagement with Disabled Persons Organisations in our consultation process. We acknowledge that the effective participation of, and consultation with, persons with disabilities is paramount under the Convention of Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
This is a non-statutory public consultation and workshop in advance of beginning the preliminary design stage for the public realm improvements to the South Campshire on Sir John Rogerson Quay, Dublin 2. The site stretches along the river’s edge from the Samuel Beckett Bridge to Britton Quay. We want to meet with you to hear your views and understand your needs in the area.
Broadly, the project aims to:
- Improve the provision of active travel infrastructure (both walking and cycling).
- Improve biodiversity through the provision of landscaping, mature trees etc.
- Incorporate a flood defence wall and seating.
- Facilitate the docking of vessels to maintain the area’s maritime connection.
- Provide new public lighting design, civil infrastructure and district heating.
We are holding an in person public workshop in St. Andrew’s Resource Centre, 114 – 116 Pearse Street, Dublin 2.
· The workshop will be held on the 10th November from 2-6pm.
· If you would like to attend please let us know and we can provide a person at a desk that will talk you through the presentation boards and make note of your needs and concerns.
If you are unable to attend in person on the day please contact us and we can facilitate a more convenient engagement either online or in person.
Please see attached our leaflet for further information. We attach a pdf version and an accessible Microsoft Word document.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For those who are unable to attend in person there scheme is on the Council’s Consultation Hub and comments can be lodged via link here – The South Campshire Public Realm & Flood Defence Project, Sir John Rogerson Quay, Dublin 2 – Dublin City Council – Citizen Space
Senior Executive Officer,
Dublin City Council.