December 20, 2022
Irish Rail have announced times for late night DART and Intercity services running across Dublin for Christmas 2022 and the beginning of January 2023.
Christmas is one of the busiest times of the year for travelling and public transport is likely to be busier than usual. Irish Rail have announced some changes to their usual timetable as well as some late night train services.
The timetable changes will take place from December 23 to January 3. On Friday December 23 normal weekday schedules will operate during the day, however late night services operating as follows:
- 00:30 & 01:30 from Pearse serving all stations to Howth
- 00:30 & 01:30 from Connolly serving all stations to Greystones
- 00:40 & 01:40 from Pearse serving Tara St, Connolly, and all stations from Howth Junction to Dundalk
- 00:20 & 02:00 from Pearse serving all stations to Maynooth
- 23:50 & 01:50 from Pearse serving all stations to Drumcondra, and all stations from ParkWest to Kildare
For Christmas Eve, the Saturday Intercity service will be in place, but with some changes on certain routes and the last services will be between approximately 6pm and 8:30 pm.
- A Saturday InterCity service will operate with cancellations and alterations on certain routes, last services operating between 18:00 and 20:30 approx.
- Hazelhatch & Sallins Feeder Bus services will operate as normal.
- DART & Commuter will operate a normal Saturday service until 21:00 approx.
- Cork Commuter will operate a normal Saturday service until 18:30 approx..
- Last services to operate:
- 19:45 Heuston to Portlaoise & 19:25 Portlaoise to Heuston;
- 20:15 Connolly to Maynooth and 21:08 Maynooth to Connolly;
- 20:50 Clonsilla to M3 Parkway and 21:08 M3 Parkway to Clonsilla;
- 20:20 Connolly to Drogheda and 19:50 Drogheda/Connolly;
- 21:00 Malahide to Connolly and 20:55 Bray to Connolly
There will be no train services operating on Christmas Day or St. Stephens Day. Tuesday December 27 is a bank holiday, so there will be a Sunday operating times in place for the DART and commuter services. The Grand Canal Dock/Hazelhatch to Newbridge route will not be operating.
Wednesday 28 to Friday 30 of December will see the DART operating on a Saturday schedule and the Grand Canal Dock/Hazelhatch to Newbridge route will operate on a reduced service.
On New Year’s Eve the trains will operate on a Saturday schedule with last trains between 6pm and 8:30pm for Intercity trains and 7pm and 9pm for DART trains. The late night services will be as follows:
- 01:30 & 02:30 from Pearse serving all stations to Howth
- 01:30 & 02:30 from Connolly serving all stations to Greystones
- 01:40 & 02:40 from Pearse serving Tara St, Connolly, and all stations from Howth Junction toDundalk
- 01:20 & 03:00 from Pearse serving all stations to Maynooth
- 00.50 & 02:50 from Pearse serving all stations to Drumcondra, and all stations from ParkWest to Kildare
The Grand Canal Dock/Hazelhatch & Newbridge will operate a reduced service until 7pm on New Year’s Eve.